Skinnify Me!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

posts? who posts?

Yea, it's been a while. There've been a few reasons. The vicodin has a side effect of... backing up... and caused a slight weight increase. And you certainly didn't even want to read that, let alone see me complaining about it endlessly. Additionally, pain caused me to slip into "comfort foods" zone.

Needless to say, it was about two weeks or so of no real dieting. Tried to be smart when I thought about it, but didn't think about it all that often. This morning I was in the 184ish range, but I haven't changed the ticker because, well... I'm about 48 hours or so off the vicodin. That and I started counting WW points again yesterday (two days in a row, right on point count... go me). Maybe I'll update the ticker with tomorrow's weight, if I remember it.

As far as the hand goes... I had a bandage/half-cast on from the Thursday of surgery until the Tuesday that followed. That came off, and then I had to wear a standard wrist brace (but thankfully removable), and a large bandage over my stitches, for another week. Then, the stitches were removed, and I had to keep the brace on for another week. Which brings us to this morning, when the brace came off and I'm done with it. THANKFULLY. Not so comfortable.

Pain now is minimal... mostly just tender skin and some remaining weakness. But it isn't too bad, all around. I think the healing is coming on quick, and it's all good.

For those who aren't afraid to look, you can click here and here for a couple pics taken Friday - no stitches, mostly healed. Looks a bit better today, but not much different. The weird purple line crossing it was marker that the doctor used. It's gone now.

1 Comments:

  • Welcome back to the world of point counting! Hand looks good - go get some Mederma or another scar treatment salve - works wonders! My one week old laceration looks amazing!

    By Blogger Yvonne, At April 25, 2007 at 6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Put your banner here for Free! Join Banner Exchange.

Put your banner here for Free! Join Banner Exchange.